The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Change defaults from link to embed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I invoke the hotkey in the finder (on e.g. a textfile) it automatically creates an action with a link. I would rather like that it embedded the file. I like to scoop some files into OF and then delete them from my desktop.
How can I change the default behaviour?

I don't know if there's a way to change the default behavior, but you can hold the Option key while dragging in a file to force OmniFocus to store its own copy.

Sorry if you already knew that. :)

Yes, I knew about that one.
In the finder you can use the same shortcut key that you have setup for mail. Using that shortcut saves me from dragging from the finder.