The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showing completed items between two dates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to show (or create a report) of all items completed between two specified dates?

I have a fortnightly update with my boss and such a report would provide a handy list of what I have been doing in the last two weeks.

Thanks

We get close to what you want, but not exactly what you want. Please do me a favor and use Send Feedback under the help menu to let the support ninjas know about this. I'm positive we have a feature request open that would cover this; they can attach your mail to that item in the database, letting the team know you'd like to see this added.

The number of folks that want a given change is one of the metrics we use when planning our work; sending that email makes it more likely that this will be added.

In any case, here's what I'd suggest for the time being:

Select the following from the menu bar - you'll only have to do this once.

View -> Context Mode
View -> Sidebar Filter -> All Contexts
View -> Grouping -> Completed
View -> Sorting -> Completed
View -> Status Filter -> Completed

The window now shows all the actions you've completed in any context, grouped by completion date and sorted within each group by completion date as well. (Items completed most recently are at the top of each group.)

To save this view so you can access it at any time with one click, select
Perspectives -> Save Window as New Perspective
and then give the Perspective a name like "Meeting with Boss" or what have you. (The view gets added to the perspectives menu with the new name attached.)

You'll note that the view has a "Completed in the last week" bucket, but no "Completed two weeks ago". That's the 'not quite' I referred to before. ;-)

If you bring up the inspector panel, you can use the Completed field to figure out which items cover that second week that you need to discuss before your next meeting.

What I would do at the same time is add some text to the note field of the action at the top of the "Completed Yesterday" group. Say "Discussed with Boss on <date>" or something.

For future meetings, just use the search field to find the tag for the last one you had; everything above the one you tagged needs to be discussed in the upcoming meeting.

That help any?

Last edited by Brian; 2009-03-05 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: tweaking and clarification

Thanks, that's quite helpful. And yes I will send feedback as you suggested - I'll put it as a task in Omni :-)