The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus Reminder.ics not updated after a Mac Sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am doing a WebDav sync. This file is not updated when I click on the sync button on my Mac but it is updated when I click on the on sync button on my iPhone. I was wondering if anyone knows why.

Thanks

I'm not 100% sure, since I've been running the sneaky peeks for a long time, but I think updating the .ics file is a feature of version 1.8 on the desktop. 1.8 is available as a sneaky peek preview, but hasn't been blessed as a stable release yet. (It's taken a back seat to iPad work.)

Curt

Yes, desktop updating the reminders calendar is a 1.8 feature, currently only available via sneaky peek. The sneaky peek builds are usually very stable, especially when there isn't much work going on with the desktop version, so if this is a feature you need right now, you should consider running it.

One minor caveat about the sneakypeeks: they are updated multiple times a week. Some folks are bothered by that many interactions with Software Update. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
One minor caveat about the sneakypeeks: they are updated multiple times a week. Some folks are bothered by that many interactions with Software Update. :-)
If you'd like to take a peek, but only now and then, open the Preferences, go to the Update section, set frequency to weekly or monthly or turn it off altogether...

Sneakypeeks ignore that setting and check daily, because Bugs Happen.*

* to other folks. Never us. no, NEVER US. :-)

How can I update to the sneakypeek?

Whoops! Here's a link to the relevant thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Sneakypeeks ignore that setting and check daily, because Bugs Happen.*

* to other folks. Never us. no, NEVER US. :-)
Bugs apparently happen to the sneaky peek code that ignore that setting, too...I've had some Omni sneaky peeks that failed to check daily, though possibly they were from other products.

thanks, I'll give it a try.