The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem With Saving Tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So, every time I go into OmniFocus and create a task, I will sync it with my Iphone, then after I quit the program that task disappears when I reopen OmniFocus. Its driving me crazy because essentially I can never have a task last multiple openings aka when my comp dies, ALL my tasks,projects, everything is gone, as the same thing happens when I quit the program. At first too I thought this was just something the trial did, so I spent the money to get the Full version, but the same thing happens. Also the most annoying thing about this is I know for a fact that all my tasks are there because if I remove everything from my Iphone and resync then all the new tasks reappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnaccarato View Post
ALL my tasks,projects, everything is gone, as the same thing happens when I quit the program.
It sounds as if your view settings may be hiding the data.

As a preliminary check, I would begin by making sure that the view bar is visible (Shift-Cmd V), that its leftmost setting is "All Projects", and that the three rightmost settings are "Any Status" "Any Status" and "Any Duration".

There is a useful (but rather hidden) option in the OmniFocus menu system: Perspectives > All Items.

Sometimes the view is 'focused' on a particular project, in which case "View > Show All Projects" is a useful shortcut.

Also, probably worth making sure that you are in Planning Mode (View > Planning Mode) and selecting both Inbox and Library in the left-hand sidebar, to reveal the full contents of each in the right-hand contents panel.

Finally, if you have what View > Customize Toolbar calls a 'Search' item on your toolbar, you have to be aware that it is not, in fact, a search item :-) It is a filter control. In other words you have to make sure that it is clear, or it it will be hiding anything in your view that does not contain the string which it is displaying.

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-01-17 at 01:15 AM..

Could you elaborate a bit more on what you do when you create a task? Are you assigning a project or a context or both?