The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniGraffle edu license and upgrading to pro Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm considering to purchase either the pro or normal version of OmniGraffle. I think I might cope with the normal version but I thought I'd first find out if it is possible to upgrade the normal license to pro if it is an educational license.

What if I settled for the normal license and the version 6 comes out and I decide to upgrade to the pro version? Do I need first to upgrade from 5 to 6 and then from normal to pro? Or is it possible at all?

This is assuming that I'll be eligible for the edu license for the whole time. If I understood it correctly, the change from the edu license to normal would happen with the version upgrade.

Omni doesn't do punitive pricing on upgrades like some companies. Buying the normal app and upgrading to pro costs about the same as buying the pro app. Upgrading from one version to another costs the same no matter how many versions you jump. I expect that the cost to upgrade an educational version X to the standard version X+1 will be the same as the cost to upgrade standard version X to X+1, but it isn't spelled out anywhere that I can see. It will be cheaper to do any upgrades while you still qualify for educational pricing.

Thank you for the reply. I just realized that the purchase page gives good reference of what the approximated costs are. At least for now the upgrade is no different whether I'll go from N to N Pro and then N+1 Pro or directly from N to N+1 Pro.