The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Error Bars, Please! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know this may seem arcane, or opening up to feature creep, but if I could just have error bars, I would be so terribly happy.... and so would a lot of scientists and engineers who just want something simple.

I couldn’t agree more (and just sent a feature request by e-mail in this regard). We do need error bars. StDev or SEM (though if I have a column to enter it, it doesn’t really matter to you whether they are StDev or SEM), and top , bottom, or top & bottom error bars…

Pllleeeeaaassssseeeeee!!!!!!

Corentin

Error bars should be priority one on development.

Error bars would be great! Especially assymetric ones! I'd would be great to be able to specify, how much the error bar should go up (e.g., +1) and how much it should go down (e.g., -1.6). I'm using statistical techniques that can create assymetrical confidence intervals, so that's why I'm craving for this. Thanks!

I completely agree, I also sometimes have assymetric error bars actually,

+1 to this!

It's actually pretty easy, just requiring a bit of repetitive line creation in the current version of OmniGraphSketcher. Read more on our blog post:

It Turns Out You Can Make Error Bars With OmniGraphSketcher

Thanks a lot for the link to the tutorial Robin.
It's a bit tedious for large datasets obviously, but at least it's an option :-)

I just discovered your application on the Mac App store and it would be absolutely perfect for the post grad course I'm doing ...if only I could add horizontal error bars too. Any chance?

Horizontal bars are possible with a little bit of "cheating". Use Arrange > Swap axes to pivot your data, then add vertical error bars, then rotate back. I hope this helps! Let us know if you have questions or get stuck.