The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to control curve points like bezier control points? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello All,

I'm looking to for explicit control of the plunge of my curve between two points, as I'm accustomed to with bezier curves ( see hteeteepee: upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b8/Bézier_curve_in_Adobe_Illustrator_CS2.png).

How can I do this in OmniGraphSketcher?

Thanks,

Jason

PS: See attached for the curve I'm trying to create. (with overlay source shown)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-05-31 at 2.21.29 PM.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	1914  

I'm not sure they are true Bézier curves. I just bunch the points closer together when the curve wants to go another way:

It can also help to make your points not be right on a tick mark, as the curve seems to want to snap to them.

Thanks Wh,

That's pretty much what I had to do in my case. I wonder if Omni is planning to upgrade this app as it deserves? It would benefit SO much from just a little bit of tlc...

Jason

Well, you can nudge the odds in your favor—use Help->Send Feedback to send detailed feedback telling them just what you would like to see added/changed/improved. Post ideas here to drum up support from others (but only "votes" sent in as feedback are reliably tallied, so make that clear).

They do continue to improve the program (are you using the beta image, also available from the download page?) and don't see any reason to think that won't continue. Given the amount of new stuff in the current beta, it wouldn't surprise me if the next few months have the focus on the iPad edition, bringing over some of those improvements once the beta version is released.

WH, thanks for pointing me to the beta... I had not been keeping an eye on that.

I just sent OG an email as you suggested.

regards,

Jason

These faded colour bars are really cool - how do you create these? Can't see anything on the Inspector to do it?

As I recall, those color blobs were on the web page being traced through the transparent OmniGraphSketcher window, not the OmniGraphSketcher document itself.