The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

"New Tab" button Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Didn't see this mentioned elsewhere: I would like a button for opening a new tab, without having to go through a menu in the tabs drawers for it.

What about using the <Command + T> keyboard shortcut?

True. But a one-click button simplifies making a new tab. You can tell I use tabs a lot. :cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalpel
True. But a one-click button simplifies making a new tab. You can tell I use tabs a lot. :cool:
For keyboard shortcuts I use often, I bind them to my extra mouse buttons. For example, Close Current Tag in BBEdit is bound to a button.

That said, I only do that because they key combo is complex. Command+t is one of the easier ones. ;)

Yeah I'm doing something like that for Omniweb now - mouse gesturing with the right mouse button using xGestures. It would be nice though to have a button..

After creating this tab with the mouse, what do you do with it?

Cause if you open a bookmark, you could just open the bookmark in a new tab directly. If you type a URL, you need to use the keyboard already so you might as well use Cmd-T to make the tab since you will need your hands on the keyboard to enter the url.

If you are dragging a link, you can just drag the link into the drawer (once it is open).

Just trying to understand where having a button would actually speed things up compared to the other options for creating a tab.