The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Migrating from iPhone to new iPhone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have an 8g iPhone with all of my OmniFocus data on it and just bought a new 3g iPhone. I have completed a Sync to swissdisk. I have a PC and no Mac. How do I get my data to the new phone?

Tks

The easiest thing to do, honestly, is just to back up your old phone one last time, then "restore" the new phone with the backup from the old one. That transfers over all of your applications and their data.

If you don't want to restore everything for some reason, just go ahead and install OmniFocus on the new phone, then enter the swissdisk sync information into OmniFocus.

Start your first sync on the new phone; if asked, tell OmniFocus that you want the server database to override the database on the new phone. From then on, you'll be in good to go.

Brian, won't he want to clear out the old client record for the old phone if he does as you suggest? Otherwise he won't get any database compaction because there's the other client that hasn't synced lately...

I thought that was how it worked, but Ken let me know that restoring from the backup will carry the device ID forward to the new phone.

If he installs and syncs from the new phone, and THEN restores from the backup, that would create the problem you're thinking of, though.

I meant your second scenario, where he just syncs the new phone to the existing WebDAV server....but I didn't make that clear, my bad!