The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniDazzle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Where is pixie dust? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I added more RAM to my computer today, and when I tried to see how cool OmniDazzle would be with all that RAM the Pixiedust option disappeared.

I reinstalled version 1.0.1 and it was still gone. I deleted the plist, and it was still gone. I deleted OmniDazzle, and installed version 1.0, and it was back!

Then I reinstalled version 1.0.1 again and it was gone again! What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here???

BTW, I love your stuff. OmniGraffle is the best. I can't wait till OmniPlan is released. My money is burning a hole in my pocket!

I am using a MacPro 2.7 with 5 GB RAM and MacOS 10.4.8

I saw the comment about the NVIDIA Graphics card on the MacPro with more than 2GB RAM in your Blog.

I just happened to be reading, and found it buried in there. You need to get that information out in other places as well so we don't go crazy.

In the meantime, I will revert to using OmniDazzle 1.0

Hope we didn't make you go too crazy! Yes, there is an issue with mac pros that use NVIDIA graphics cards and have more than 2 gigs of memory that could cause a system panic. For this reason we've disabled pixie dust (which prevents this from happening) and will re-enable it once the issue has been addressed.

Thanks for the response.

I am eagerly awaiting the Omnidazzle update that fixes this bug!

Just asking. :)