The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Anyone seeing the Completed perspective? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just updated and don't see it...

-Marc

Only context-mode perspectives show up on the iPhone currently. The standard Completed perspective is a project-mode perspective. I'm a bit confused that the Completed perspective was listed as an example in the release notes for 1.6.5. Maybe someone is willing to wipe their database from their iPhone and see what perspectives appear? (Anyone? Bill?)

Curt

Last edited by curt.clifton; 2010-06-11 at 05:52 AM.. Reason: Added reference to release notes.

I'm in productive procrastination mode this morning, so I tried resetting the database myself. With a fresh database on the iPhone, indeed a Completed perspective does show up. On the phone it seems to be a context-mode perspective showing completed actions grouped by completion date. My guess is that the standard Completed perspective on the desktop will become a context-mode perspective as well, since completed projects can now be seen in context mode.

In the interim (for those running Mac OS), it seems like creating your own Completed Actions context-mode perspective on the desktop like so:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-06-11 at 9.43.26 AM.png
Views:	945
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1444 (click to zoom)

then syncing that to the iPhone will be the way to go.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
I'm in productive procrastination mode this morning, so I tried resetting the database myself. With a fresh database on the iPhone, indeed a Completed perspective does show up. On the phone it seems to be a context-mode perspective showing completed actions grouped by completion date. My guess is that the standard Completed perspective on the desktop will become a context-mode perspective as well, since completed projects can now be seen in context mode.

In the interim (for those running Mac OS), it seems like creating your own Completed Actions context-mode perspective on the desktop like so:

Attachment 1444 (click to zoom)

Excellent, Curt! As always, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post

Attachment 1444 (click to zoom)

Hi Curt-

I tried that, and while the perspective on my OmniFocus Mac client is sorted in reverse-chronological order (Completed Today is at the top), if I look at the same perspective in the iPhone client, the completed tasks are in normal chronological order, with tasks completed today at the bottom of a lengthy list.

Any thoughts?

I think that has to go to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com as a feature request (reversible sort order) or a bug report (sort order on iPhone doesn't match sort order on desktop).

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by patgallant View Post
Hi Curt-

I tried that, and while the perspective on my OmniFocus Mac client is sorted in reverse-chronological order (Completed Today is at the top), if I look at the same perspective in the iPhone client, the completed tasks are in normal chronological order, with tasks completed today at the bottom of a lengthy list.

Any thoughts?
Hey Pat, I can confirm that the sort order is correct on the iPad (Today at top) and on my iPhone.

My sort order is correct (today's completed items are at the top) but I'm having another problem. If I check off tasks in a project, they appear in the Completed perspective, both on the Mac and on the iPhone. If I check off the project as complete, none of the actions nor the project appears in the Completed perspective on the iPhone. All actions and the project still appear in the perspective on the Mac. I've reset the Completed perspective to the default settings and nothing changed. Anyone else seeing this?

The order is right for me now too. Must have been a fluke.

I am not seeing any new perspectives as stated in the release notes. Still true after rebilding the database.

:' (

PS. I'm iPhone-only user.

Last edited by aliteralmind; 2010-06-12 at 08:06 PM..