The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus-iCal problems on iPad, iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,
I have OF on my two Macs, my iPhone, and my iPad. I sync via MobileMe. My problem is that tasks created/updated on my iPhone and iPad don’t reflect on my iCal on those devices. I devised a workaround for iPhone, but my new iPad is immune to my efforts and is unacceptable. Let me explain.

My Macs work perfectly: I update or create actions on OF, they get pushed to iCal, everything is in sync. Perfect.

When I got my iPhone a few years ago, my changes would sync to MobileMe, but MobileMe wouldn’t push an iCal change. I would have to go home or two my office, update OF there, then load up iCal and have it suck up and sync the new data before my iPhone iCal app would see the changes.

So I developed a workaround: I deselected the MobileMe iCal calendar named OmniFocus Reminders, so it wouldn’t show on my iPhone, but told the OF for iPhone to create a local calendar which my iPhone’s iCal app would subscribe to. While this wasn’t an ideal solution, it worked.

I got my iPad a few weeks ago. OF for iPad was one of my first iPad app purchases. I expected I would follow the same strategy as with the iPhone: unsubscribe the Mac/MobileMe OF Reminders calendar and create a local reminders calendar that the iPads calendar app would use instead. Alas, this doesn’t work. Although I’ve followed the procedure to create a local reminders calendar, it doesn’t show in the iPad iCal app.

But that isn’t all. Even after I sync changes from my iPad up to the cloud, such them back down to one of my Macs, then update iCal on those Macs, and push those changes out to the cloud, my iPad’s iCal app doesn’t show any change at all.

I can live with the jury-rigged solution I have to my iPhone OF; I can’t live with an iPad OF that doesn’t play at all with the calendaring app on the iPad.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Well, I do have a question or two: what are you trying to accomplish with iCal in combination with OmniFocus? As of iOS 4, the OmniFocus Reminders hack isn't needed to get the reminders of impending due items. Did you convert your MobileMe setup a few months back when Apple changed the way that MobileMe syncs calendars?

You'll probably want to contact Omni support directly tomorrow morning for interactive assistance with this. 1-800-315-OMNI or +1-206-523-4152.