The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Some actions with start dates don't become available until OF is reopened Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am having an issue with the start dates of actions. Ironically, one of the actions I am having trouble with is 'Read OF forums'. This action is set to repeat every day.

I leave OF open on my computer 24/7. When I do my morning review, this (and other) actions do not appear as available until I quit, then re-open OF.

Anyone else experienced this? (Submitted as feedback.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad_penguin View Post
I am having an issue with the start dates of actions. Ironically, one of the actions I am having trouble with is 'Read OF forums'. This action is set to repeat every day.

I leave OF open on my computer 24/7. When I do my morning review, this (and other) actions do not appear as available until I quit, then re-open OF.

Anyone else experienced this? (Submitted as feedback.)
Yes this has happened at least twice to me also, and I submitted a bug report as well.

I can confirm this as well. It seems to affect just the tasks which are starting the next day, i.e. if you enter a task that starts in two minutes, you will get a Growl notification, but if you enter a task that starts tomorrow at 9am, it will forget about it. I also just tested entering a task starting in two minutes, putting my MacBook to sleep and waking it up again - it worked fine. Seems to be a problem with the date change(?).

I've seen the same behavior. An action with a start date doesn't show up as available on the day specified. Closing and restarting OmniFocus each day will get around the problem, but I want to leave the application running.

The gurus have responded; this is a known issue and they are working on it. Cool.