The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > Omni Frameworks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Installing frameworks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This might be a very stupid question, but could anyone tell me how do I install the frameworks so that I can use them?

I need OFTrie and OFStringScanner but I am not sure as to what I actually need to do to start using them.

This is a great question, which we should better document, really!

For the Mac frameworks, if you do the install build as in the README:

Quote:
./Scripts/Build Frameworks install
the resulting frameworks will have @executable_path/../Frameworks in their dyld information. You should be able to link your Mac .app against these by ensuring that the installed products directory where the frameworks ended up is listed in the framework search paths for your app.

Then, after linking, you can then put these in your application's Frameworks directory (Foo.app/Contents/Frameworks) and the @executable_path goo will allow dyld to find the frameworks at runtime.

This is a fairly common pattern for frameworks in standalone Mac apps. We used to install frameworks /Library/Frameworks, but this leads to a form of "DLL hell" where the installed frameworks and dependent apps can get out of sync.