The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Installing new diagram style Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi guys,

Ultimate NEWB question here, Im running Omni Pro 5, I have downloaded a .gdiagramstyle file

The instructions say to install it to this directory:
~/Library/Application Support/OmniGraffle/Diagram Styles

~ being my home... But I dont have that folder, should I just create it or it is stored in a different spot in the latest version?

Phil

Welcome to the forums, Phil! Just go ahead and make that folder and you'll be all set. (Name and capitalization do need to match exactly; that's all you should need to watch out for.) Hope this helps!

Hi Brian,

Thanks for that worked a treat.. Hopefully I will be across OmniGraffle soon enough to contribute back.... Its a wicked program, got it from the iPad too so handy...

Cheers,

Phil

Hi, from the French version of Omnigraffle, creating '~/Library/Application Support/OmniGraffle/Diagram Styles' and storing the .gdiagramstyle inside doesn't work.

Any idea about this ?
Regards

I think this entry from the release notes might be relevant:

The shared support folder for custom OmniGraffle stencils, diagram styles, templates, and shapes has moved to $HOME/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniGraffle to conform with Mac App Store guidelines.

I'm on the newest OmniOutliner and my Diagram Style doesn't appear no matter which of those folders the diagram style is put in.

Any ideas?

An update. It doesn't show up in the Template Chooser, but only in the Choose Diagram Style dialog box. This means that you first have to select on style in the Template Chooser dialog and then you need to Choose Diagram Style in the format menu.

Any ideas on how to get the Diagram style into the Template Chooser?