The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

FAQ: Installing & running an OF applescript Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogiem View Post
I was following along until this... There is no Omnifocus Scripts Folder when I do an Open Scripts Folder on my system.

Do I need to create the folder first? If so, where? In user scripts or computer scripts?
You have to follow the instructions exactly which includes being in the right application when you do some things that would appear to work in any application :)

If you are in OmniFocus as the frontmost application (menu bar will say OmniFocus, not Finder or Safari or whatever), then when you do the Open Scripts Folder from the Scripts menu, it will create that folder for you automatically if it did not exist.

OK got the folder opened but got stuck with errors in the script. Can't save it to put the resulting file into that folder

Getting frustrated here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogiem View Post
OK got the folder opened but got stuck with errors in the script. Can't save it to put the resulting file into that folder

Getting frustrated here
Sounds like either part of the script is missing or has new lines in the wrong place (a problem arising in pasting it into the editor), or it is for OF 1.8 and it is being run on an earlier version.

Best to separate issues of installation from those of script correctness, so lets continue this from your thread in the main OmniFocus forum.

Added a section to the FAQ (first post in this thread) on choosing an icon for a script.

Rob -
This is super. It worked perfectly and made OO as perfectly usable as I needed it to be! My aging eyes thank you.

Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakwin View Post
Rob -
This is super. It worked perfectly and made OO as perfectly usable as I needed it to be! My aging eyes thank you.

Stephen
The OmniOutliner font size toggle script ?

Good :-)

(My eyes need it too)

Here's a script that will move a selected file to the OmniFocus script folder:

Last edited by SpiralOcean; 2012-02-04 at 11:43 AM..

I've read thru this thread and tried all the suggestions, but i still can't get it to work. I am very new to Mac but pretty familiar with PC....maybe that's my problem.

Anyway, i keep getting this error: error "File Untitled:Users:Mike:Library:Scripts:Applications:O mniFocus wasn’t found." number -43 from "Untitled:Users:Mike:Library:Scripts:Applications: OmniFocus"

I've looked and looked and i do NOT have the same file structure as what's listed above so i can't create the new folder. I am running Lion 10.7.3 ...... do the scripts and folder hierarchy the same on Lion as others?

Please help...thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I think i figured it out but not sure how really....thanks.

Last edited by Mdrudy; 2012-02-04 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: Update

If you've never put a script in that folder the folder doesn't exist yet.

Modified the script to create the folder before trying to put a file in it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SendFileToOmnifocusLibrary.scpt.zip (5.0 KB, 936 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdrudy View Post
I've looked and looked and i do NOT have the same file structure as what's listed above so i can't create the new folder. I am running Lion 10.7.3 ......
I wonder if Apple's eccentric (and frankly rather unhelpful) decision to hide the user's library folder (~/Library) in Lion is causing grief here.

The way to fix this 'helpful' cosmetic change is to open Terminal.app and enter the line:
chflags nohidden ~/Library
There is more discussion in a Tidbits article here.

--