The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Installing OmniFocus For My Users Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How would I go about distributing OmniFocus to my users? The iPhone Configuration Utility intends for distribution of apps via IT for our users, but I don't know how to get OF in there. Currently I can't select it as an app to include. Maybe this will be more apparent to me as time goes on, but I figure you know better how this distribution works with respect to your app. Obviously we're not going to have the users do it individually with a corporate card (and then pick up some music or videos while they're at it), and of course that would be a waste of time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	1144
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	567  

This is already off the page, so I thought I'd bump in case others have thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schalliol View Post
How would I go about distributing OmniFocus to my users?
That's a very good question! Apple hasn't told us how site licenses might work yet. (I don't know how you'd purchase one, nor do I know how we'd deliver an app to you that you could redistribute.)

(I'm not even sure how to distribute OmniFocus to our employees here at Omni other than to reimburse them for buying it on the App Store…)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
That's a very good question! Apple hasn't told us how site licenses might work yet. (I don't know how you'd purchase one, nor do I know how we'd deliver an app to you that you could redistribute.)

(I'm not even sure how to distribute OmniFocus to our employees here at Omni other than to reimburse them for buying it on the App Store…)
Wow! Well, if Apple tells you how to do this, please let us know any Omni plans. I suppose we'll have to temporarily put corporate cards in iTunes for our users.

Well, it looks like in the Enterprise Deployment Guide that you ought to be able to set up apps you developed yourself to be distributed through the configuration tool. I don't know if you're precluded then from distributing them that way for customers, but I assume so. I'd be interested to find out if you believe this will work for your internal use, as we may develop some internal use apps as well.

Enterprise Deployment Guide PDF