The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Need to go OMNI OUTLINER to XML table (while retaining columns) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I noticed there's the Context export plug-in for OO. I'm looking for something similar.

I'm currently building an app and using OmniOutliner to make a drilldown menu. The app has mad libs functionality. Depending on user choices, between 1 and 6 variations are spit out when a menu selection is made. So I don't just have one column; I have 6 for each variation (I assume, unless I've been writing this document in the wrong way).

Unfortunately, the Context plug-in only seems to export one column.

Also, I like how it exports bold stylings, but I would also like to have something that exports Italics and font color and size.

Please let me know if you know anyone who might help or if you know of any solutions.

I may be willing to hire someone to create an export plugin that will spit out the 6 columns I need for the XML table (including the stylings I need).

Thanks for any advice!

Inside the .oo3 bundle, and once unzipped (if necessary), the OO file is simply an XML text file, with a structure defined by:

http://www.omnigroup.com/namespace/O...outline-v3.dtd

I'm not quite clear what you are doing, and I don't know what sort of processing speed you need, but my first thought would be to get someone to write you an XSLT template to transform the OO XML into whatever it is that you need.