The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Flagging should be fast Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Just a quick suggesting. for the next release, can you make flagging a quick action? Like a button/switch beside the actual task.

THe background to this is that when I look at my list of things to do, i flag items that I need to get done in the week during my review/processing stage. having the flag option outside of the dialog box saves a lot of time.

Cheers,
Dennis.

Keyboard shortcut Shift-Cmnd-L will flag /un-flag the selected task , if that helps ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ext555 View Post
Keyboard shortcut Shift-Cmnd-L will flag /un-flag the selected task , if that helps ?
On the iPad? I'd be a bit surprised to find out that works even if you do have an external keyboard attached...

Sadly, iPad external keyboard support is...rudimentary at best. You can't even trap the arrow keys within your app.

ie: If I want an app to do something with an arrow key, the only way to do this appears to be to create a hidden text input field, put the cursor into it, and notice that the cursor moved. Command key? Cut, copy, paste, undo, redo work. That's it. Your app can't intercept the keyboard and do fun stuff.

(None of the iPad or iPhone SSH clients work with arrow keys; don't even think about Escape or tab.)