The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Does syncing sync full file or only changed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Wondering if syncing is moving over the entire file to the local device, then syncing, or sending and retrieving individual items that have changed on groups of items?

Main reason for the question is if I am causing problems on the iPhone if I start syncing, and then press the home key, get a call, or interrupt the sync in some way. Does the iPhone app have to restart the sync from the beginning or has it made some progress?

Love to know more about how the syncing process works.

OmniFocus should not be moving over the entire database, only the individual .zip files that it hasn't seen yet. If a sync finds 3 zips and downloads 1 before you interrupt it, it should only have to download the remaining 2 next time.

Thanks for the answer Lizard.

So it's a combination of both? If a zip file has an item that has changed, then all the items in that zip file is downloaded?

I was wondering if I was screwing something up if I quit the OF application while it was syncing.

Now I know that any syncing is good. Even if the process gets interrupted.