The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniGraffle Download Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been trying to download OG 5.1.1 but it only started for less than one minute and it dropped out to mount the file. Of course nothing happen since only a small portion of the file was downloaded. This has been happening for the last couple days regardless what time of the day. Anyone has the same problem?

I've seen a few other reports of this and experienced it myself, so we're looking into the problem. I was able to successfully download right after the failed attempt, so not sure what's going on just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
I've seen a few other reports of this and experienced it myself, so we're looking into the problem. I was able to successfully download right after the failed attempt, so not sure what's going on just yet.
Someone must have looked into it and fix it. I've downloaded the file with just one attempt. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwlun View Post
Someone must have looked into it and fix it. I've downloaded the file with just one attempt. Thanks.
Sorry. It was a false alarm. I thought I was able to download but it stilled quite prematurely with only around 80% completed. Hence file was incomplete to be useful. I tried again and again but still have same problem. I appreciate if you will have someone look into it again. I tried both Safari and OmniWeb just in case my web browser having problem. But I had the same outcome with either one of the browser.

I've not seen the problem you are having. That said, I do see people using "download accelerators" - if you have these configured improperly, or you use one of the ones that throws open as many connections to the server as it can take, you will have the problem. I kill clients that open up 20 or 30 simultaneous sessions on the server - it's bad behavior for a "download accelerator" to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindflayer View Post
I've not seen the problem you are having. That said, I do see people using "download accelerators" - if you have these configured improperly, or you use one of the ones that throws open as many connections to the server as it can take, you will have the problem. I kill clients that open up 20 or 30 simultaneous sessions on the server - it's bad behavior for a "download accelerator" to do that.
Thanks for your suggestion.

I did not use any download accelerators at all. I only use Safari and click on the download link on Omni web page. To insure it was not due to the Browser, I also use OmniWeb and click on the download link. I had the same problem. In fact not only I had trouble with OmniGraffle download, now that OmniOutliner also had an update to 3.8, I had the same problem. It started download but it quitted after only less than 500KB on an over 15MB file. I suspected that it may be due to download site how it handles their download.

Francis.