The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

sync options? laptop, desktop and iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I bought the mac software and am getting running on my laptop. I am looking to plunk down for the iPhone software. I'm looking for an FAQ on this issue and did not find one.

Can anyone tell me what the options are for sync? I got set up with things and Dropbox but regrettably it is not going to do it for me.

Can I get the laptop and the desktop to sync easily and will the iPhone app then take care of itself? Thanks.

Thanks.

You need something that uses WebDAV if you want to sync with the iPhone. Probably the easiest, cheapest route is to use the Omni Sync Server (https://sync.omnigroup.com), though if you've already got MobileMe you can use that. The Omni offering is free, works well for most, and the people running it understand the format of the database and can help fix things if something goes wrong. Billy Bob says check it out :-)

Keep in mind that we also have the Omni Sync Server available; it's a WebDAV server that's completely free to use for OmniFocus sync.

(It'll stay that way, at least for the current feature set.)

HEY BILL ALREADY SAID THAT.

<goes to get some coffee>.

:-)