The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inconsistent badge colors on iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I open iOF, I see one Due Soon next action that is properly represented as an orange (1), and no overdue items. (Yes, I am proud of myself for only having action one due soon on a Monday :) )

However, when I navigate back to the home screen, the iOF icon shows a RED (1). This red/orange behavior is consistent and tracks any changes I make. Actual overdue items seem to show properly as red. Any ideas?

I think the red badge that appears on the OmniFocus icon when OmniFocus is not running is a standard iPhone count display widget. It looks like the same one Mail uses. Since OmniFocus isn't running when you're looking at your iPhone's home screen, I'm not sure it can display anything other than the system-provided widget (which happens to always be read, regardless of what OmniFocus might want).

-Dennis

That would be my guess, too, as all applications are sandboxed on the phone.

My understanding is that we don't have the option of any other color; just red.

I understand this, but it's almost intolerable for me, not to have the ability to distinguish between overdue and duesoon actions without opening OmniFocus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
My understanding is that we don't have the option of any other color; just red.

If there is no way to show an orange count in the iPhone's home screen, I think I'd like the option to display the sum of duesoon and overdue actions, and perhaps also the option to to display only overdue counts on the home screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudster View Post
I understand this, but it's almost intolerable for me, not to have the ability to distinguish between overdue and duesoon actions without opening OmniFocus.

I'd have thought it'd be possible and desirable to have an option to select what the badge indicates (number of overdue, number of due soon, total of the two, total available actions, etc etc etc), but until Apple say otherwise, not possible to have any colour but red.

Mark

Yes, I suspect we could allow users to customize what that badge is counting. I've filed a feature request for you.

Thanks Lizard! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Yes, I suspect we could allow users to customize what that badge is counting. I've filed a feature request for you.

How about changing the colour of the app's icon instead, or is that not possible?