The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Beta for 1.0.1? (Sneaky Peek) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm seeing new beta versions showing up on the sneaky peak rss feed, but I can't click through to them. Is there a way to get on the beta list for the next version?

-Cyrus

Disclaimer: It's a sneaky peek, not a beta, so any given build might be terribly destructive -- while our Test Pilots try to test changes soon after the Engineers submit them, we get the builds the same time you do, so you might find the bug that eats all your data before we do.

There is no beta list to sign up for this time -- if you can handle bleeding-edge, we welcome your usage and feedback. If a crash or lost data is going to ruin your weekend, (1) backup frequently and (2) consider staying with 1.0 final until 1.0.1 goes final.

The download should be right in the rss feed, but it may not show up, depending on your feed reader.

If you ran any of the pre-1.0 sneakypeek builds, "Check for Updates"
should give you a download link right in OmniFocus. If the first build you used was 1.0 final (or you trashed your preferences), you'll have to use the RSS feed.

Last edited by Lizard; 2008-02-07 at 04:47 PM..

By the way, the RSS feed is http://update.omnigroup.com/appcast/...ypeek?OSU=2006

and works great in Safari (if you try it in OmniWeb, it should hand it off to your default RSS reader)

Is there a thread for the change log? It would be nice to know what changes have gone into each sneaky peak release.

Most of the big changes appear in the release notes (Help->Release Notes). Is that what you're looking for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Most of the big changes appear in the release notes (Help->Release Notes). Is that what you're looking for?
I know that much ... but that requires actually downloading the updates. I want to know if there is change notes online, so I can decide whether I want to download an update.

Here's what they say so far:

Welcome to the OmniFocus 1.0.1 sneaky peek build train. If you would rather stick to release builds of OmniFocus, please quit OmniFocus and issue the following command in Terminal. Finally, relaunch OmniFocus 1.0. From then on, you'll only be notified of new final builds unless you run a sneaky peek build again. Once OmniFocus 1.0.1 is final, this will happen automatically; you'll only see nightly builds if you are already running one.

defaults remove com.omnigroup.OmniFocus OSUVisibleTracks

February 19
Fixed an exception which was raised whenever the user tried to import an OmniOutliner document. (This exception was harmlessly ignored in 1.0, but caused crashes in the 1.0.1 sneaky peeks since they're more paranoid about unexpected exceptions.)
February 16
Using AppleScript to query a document or quick entry for its 'tasks' element will return an empty list now rather than raising an exception. This element is defined only for the benefit of 'id' based object lookup, but clients such as Script Debugger may poke this element automatically while exploring the model.
Ignore internally raised exceptions when querying for the pasteboard types for images.
February 15
Worked around a bug on PowerPC's running 10.5 which sometimes caused a hang when manually checking for updates.
February 14
Ignore exceptions raised while printing rather than triggering our strict exception policy.
Fixed a couple problems with 'properties of SomeTask' in AppleScript, exposed by the more strict exception handling. In particular, you'll no longer get an exception regarding 'ScriptTransportText' or a scripting error regarding 'assigned container'.
February 13
Fixed an exception (and thus crash) when editing the due date of a repeating task in context mode while grouped by due date, such that the new date would cause the task to be put in a new group.
February 12
Ignore exceptions from Apple's Accessiblity framework. These are common and Apple raises them all over the place.
Determined that my previous attempt at making our crash-on-exception code more strict (Feb 5) only took effect in DEBUG builds. Now it will take effect for release builds. Silly me.
February 6
Copied the workaround from OmniOutliner 3.6.4 for the 10.4 SDK crasher with keyboard navigation between text fields.
February 5
Updated the software update framework to only request updates based on the software update track of the currently running copy of the app. That is, if you are running a final release, only final releases will be shown, or if you are running a nightly build, nightly builds on up to final builds will be shown.
New tasks made in Context view, and made under a context will be assigned a default project that is the default singleton project. These tasks will also not be in the inbox.
Made our crash-on-exception code more strict. This should help catch cases where exceptions were breaking Apple's undo support, in turn possibly leading to data corruption. Since OmniFocus keeps your document in a saved state, terminating the application when there is any internal inconsistency introduced helps keep your data safe.
When synchronizing our calendar list with iCal, we now treat unnamed calendars as having an empty name rather than presenting an alert saying "attempt to insert nil value."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprewitt View Post
I know that much ... but that requires actually downloading the updates. I want to know if there is change notes online, so I can decide whether I want to download an update.
It should say in the download panel what the new notes are.