The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

My File > Open Recent never shows any files. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a setting for this? What doesn't OG display recently opened files.

Screencapture:
http://d.pr/7WDq

I have the exact same issue. Very frustrating.

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Omnigraffle Pro 5.3.6

Works for me with 10.6.8 and 5.3.6.

Maybe try removing
Code:
~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniGrafflePro.LSSharedFileList.plist
(In the Finder, cmd-shift-G + "~/Library/Preferences" to get to the folder)

Is the Open Recent menu empty only for Omnigraffle? If not, check the Appearance panel in System Preferences. Make sure that "Number of recent items" isn't set to "None" for Documents.

While that's a global setting, choosing "None" there does result in the OP's Omngraffle screenshot.

Bingo! Thanks for the solution, John! My "Number of recent items" for documents was set to "None."

Removing the preferences file didn't work, but setting the "Number of recent items" for documents to something other than "None" in "System Preferences > Appearance" worked. Thank you!