The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Corrupt File - HELP! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Folks - I have a corrupt OmniGraffle file - due, I think, to storing it on a USB stick formatted in MS-DOS (FAT).

I've emailed it to you kind folks at Omni in the hope you can fix it for me. You did fix another file for me 2-3 years back.

But I've heard nothing back - even tried emailing it a second time from a different account.

The files took me 4 days to lovingly create - and I really need it. Perhaps you are all very busy; or perhaps you never received my email? I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out.

Thanks!

I'm not seeing any tickets in the queue that would match what you've sent in twice, might want to try again (and it may help to use the "Send Feedback..." option from the OmniGraffle Help Menu and attach the file after the mail message is generated).

Thanks Joel - I've just resent the email.

The subject line begins: "File corrupt: OmniGraffle 4.2.2 (v129.18)..."

I'm very grateful - do let me know if you don't get it. You can contact me via these posts, or my profile email.

Thanks very much. P

Still not seeing anything in our ticket tracking system for you, I'm afraid -- You are sending to omnigraffle@omnigroup.com, correct?

Yep - that's the correct email. Used it a few times before with no problems.

So I've sent you one with no attachments - and a link to my Apple public folder where the files are.

Let me know if you get my lastest email, subject: Test email - corrupt file

Thanks,

Not seeing it -- Can you either PM me here with the URL or send mail to me directly at jpage AT omnigroup DOT com?

In the meantime, I'll ping the proper folks as to why you're not getting through otherwise.

Hi Joel - I just PM'd you with the link etc.

Thanks for all your prompt, great support! You guys are great.

P

Forum members: Joel has been really helpful with my corrupt file.

Moral of the story: don't store files on USB sticks or disks formatted in MS-DOS (FAT) as this can cause them to become corrupted. This is true for many different types of Mac files - not just OmniGraffle. Damage can be done to the resource forks etc.

Most USB sticks come in MS-DOS (FAT) format, and although often they will work fine, I would reformat them ASAP in a Mac format.