The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iCal window Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I think what OmniFocus needs is a window into iCal (or the OS's calendar area, like Busycal does). To have the calendar app incorporated into OF would allow for heavily customizable notifications that traverse the current limitations, as well as allow for no-hassle distinction between events and tasks. One place to look for both.

Yum. Makes me think of my favorite old-time organizer, In Control. Outliner with calendar built in. The best of all worlds!

OmniFocus syncs with the iCal to-do database, and BusyCal displays those ToDos on their calendar view...

(We've got a feature request open on a calendar view in OmniFocus; folks can email the support ninjas to vote for it. Since there's a solution that works right now, though, I thought I should mention it.)

Last edited by Brian; 2010-02-25 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: added link to busycal site

Hmm... interesting. I may finally have to dive into BusyCal.

I wonder... can there be a way to transfer these to the iPhone's iCal?