The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Script: FoldingText to OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OK, thanks for testing :-)

I'll take a look later on.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your work on these scripts.

I have a problem in that only the top level of the hierarchy form FoldingText ends up in OmniFocus when I export to that application. I cannot create tasks within the project in OF whatever I try in FT. If I export to OO or OGP, the hierarchy is replicated fine.

Getting this AppleScript Execution error when running in Debug mode in Script Debugger:

{«class asDB» id (application "OmniFocus") of «class FCpr» id "hG4oRDio0JF" of document id "hsvIS9nuxgi" of application "OmniFocus", {{{|id|:"21", tagNames:{}, textIndex:20, childIndex:0, tags:{}, parentID:"1", lineIndex:1, type:"unordered", level:1, |text|:"Do something", nextSiblingID:"22", |line|:" - Do something"}, {}, false}, {{|id|:"22", tagNames:{}, textIndex:36, childIndex:1, tags:{}, parentID:"1", lineIndex:2, type:"unordered", level:1, |text|:"Do the next thing", nextSiblingID:"23", |line|:" - Do the next thing", previousSiblingID:"21"}, {}, false}, {{|id|:"23", tagNames:{}, textIndex:57, childIndex:2, tags:{}, parentID:"1", lineIndex:3, type:"unordered", level:1, |text|:"Go to the bank with the momey", nextSiblingID:"24", |line|:" - Go to the bank with the momey", previousSiblingID:"22"}, {}, false}, {{|id|:"24", tagNames:{}, textIndex:90, childIndex:3, tags:{}, parentID:"1", lineIndex:4, type:"unordered", level:1, |text|:"Buy some groceries", |line|:" - Buy some groceries", previousSiblingID:"23"}, {}, false}}} doesn’t match the parameters {oParent, lstTree, blnSkipDone} for PlaceInOF.

Your advice appreciated when you have a moment - of if you need more from the debugger.

Matt

Last edited by crocusnedloyd; 2013-01-04 at 11:18 PM..

Thanks for the reports Amelchi and Matt – the Dec 26 regression should now be fixed in FT2Omni Ver 20

Ver 21 adds option to exclude @done items when exporting to OmniFocus

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2013-01-05 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: More useful link

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Thanks for the reports Amelchi and Matt – the Dec 26 regression should now be fixed in FT2Omni Ver 20
Rob - many thanks. It now works in OF. I'm happy.

All the best.
Matt

Thanks Rob,
It works perfectly, but...
every line is either (OF wording) a task or a project...
no possibility to have a note (of a task)?

Big thanks!

amelchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelchi View Post
no possibility to have a note (of a task)?
That would certainly be possible, though you would need to settle on a convention for the pattern to be interpreted as a note:
  • Markdown body paragraphs ?
  • Interpreted as notes of their preceding list siblings ?
  • Or as notes of their indentation parents ?
  • If notes of parents, then how do we interpret sibling sets with mixtures of list and body paragraphs ?
etc. etc. Not insoluble, but would require a more or less arbitrary and codified set of conventions ...
Moving notes from FT towards OF is not part of my own work-flow at the moment (I keep working notes in NVAlt, and archived notes in DevonThink), so it would probably be bad GTD practice (and certainly sub-economic) for me to implement it myself, but the source code is there in the GitHub repository, and others are very welcome to fork it :-)

I will try, don't know if I succeed...

thanks!

Do you save to DevonThink via some applescript form nvALt?

Last edited by amelchi; 2013-01-07 at 06:16 AM..