The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Object path wrong direction Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I some how messed up the path of half the Rectangle objects I have on a diagram. When select them and hit the right arrow, to move them right, they in fact move down; left, up. Not all these are this way, but about half of them are. I did copy and paste the rectangle over and over.

Any ideas what I did or how to fix it? I really don't want to recreate the diagram.

My guess is that some of the shapes have been rotated 180 degrees; if I remember correctly, the arrow keys orient with respect to the shape, not to the canvas.

Yeah, that's what I thought at first, but my rectangles are long and skinny, so I would have noticed that. Also, the geometry inspector shows 0 degree rotation.

Huh, I guess I'll just live with it...

More than likely these objects are in fact line labels, so the arrow keys nudge them relative to the line and not the canvas itself. Just a hunch.

Thanks, I think that's it. When I right-click on the problem rectangles I get a Label Position option. Is there a way to turn them back to a regular, non-label rectangle?

Yes, you just need to drag them off of the line far enough and they'll convert to regular shapes.