The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeat Tasks for Simple Chores Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm trying to get repeating tasks to work like I would prefer, but I'm having some trouble.

First, I'm about 2 weeks into using the alpha, so I'm not far along the learning curve. I have searched the forums, but I'm still not where I'd like to be. Specifically, I read this thread (and others that I don't have a readily available link for) that is somewhat on point:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...ghlight=repeat

All I want to do is make a task series of chores around the house that repeat with some frequency (usually a week). I set the start date and then repeat 1 week from completion, but the next one appears immediately when I complete the current one. I'd prefer that it stays hidden until I actually need to do it.

I've read descriptions where people describe the behavior I want, but I must be missing something.

I appreciate the help, and keep up the good work with OF.