The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Why must I review completed projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When doing my weekly/monthly reviews, I have the project filter set to "All" in order to see the current/activ and pending projects.

On the right side (sorted by next review) I now also get all my projects with green checkmarks (the completed). I always set the review date of compled projects one year from now the interval on one year too, but that's a little odd way to handle the problem…

Perhaps a good solution would be to add the option "Review: Never" in the project inspector?

Am I the only one having trouble with that?

ips

Quote:
Originally Posted by ips View Post
On the right side (sorted by next review) I now also get all my projects with green checkmarks (the completed). I always set the review date of compled projects one year from now the interval on one year too, but that's a little odd way to handle the problem…

Perhaps a good solution would be to add the option "Review: Never" in the project inspector?
Unless you want to keep reviewing completed projects every year, there are two solutions:

1. You can delete the review date for a single project.

2. You can show completed projects only, select all, and set the review date to 1/1/2999.

I haven't figured out whether it's possible to delete the review date for multiple selections; that would be neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
1. You can delete the review date for a single project.
Thanks for your advice, but this doesn‘t work for me. If I delete the review date and reselect the project, it appears again. How do you delete it?

BTW, I still think a checkbox "Don't review project" would be very handy…

Quote:
Originally Posted by ips View Post
Thanks for your advice, but this doesn‘t work for me. If I delete the review date and reselect the project, it appears again. How do you delete it?

BTW, I still think a checkbox "Don't review project" would be very handy…
My mistake. I wasn't noticing that the date reappears when you reselect the project.

There's still the far distant future approach. Or set the review interval to every 99 years, instead of just one. But I agree that a "don't review project" checkbox would be handy.

I believe that completed projects should by default not be reviewed. The review section should be greyed out completely for completed projects. There should at least be a global option to set this for all completed projects.

We plan to exclude completed projects from the review list before we ship 1.0.