The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Lockup with regular expression URL blocking on certain sites Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It appears that having a regular expression starting with ".*" (and presumably other expressions that require backtracking?) causes a lockup when loading certain sites. The common denominator of these sites appears to be their use of TypeKit (a licensed CSS3 font-face solution).

Here's an example rule that causes problems for me:

.*fhqwhgads

Even if this is never matched on the page, I get a lockup. The following pattern, which is just as effective, causes no issues:

://.*fhqwhgads

I've adjusted my blocking rules to work around this issue.

Don't you think this would be a more useful report if you also provided a specific example of such a site, rather than making whoever wants to look at it try to find what may or may not be a similar one in order to try to help you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Don't you think this would be a more useful report if you also provided a specific example of such a site, rather than making whoever wants to look at it try to find what may or may not be a similar one in order to try to help you?
Whoops! I had a short list of problem sites that I forgot to paste into the report. Thank you for pointing this out.

Here are a few sites I see the issue on:

Sure does! I've filed this in our tracker, thanks for the report.

In the meantime, thanks for the work around, bmastenbrook.