The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Quickly creating a new window to search in Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I find myself often needing a fresh window that contains all remaining (or even 'all' would work) items. The built-in "all items" would work for me, except that it replaces the active perspective. Until that is changed (either a preference to open in a new windows, or maybe option-select to have "all items" open in a new window as "all items [1]", "all items [2]", etc.), I previously resorted to opening another perspective, then resetting filters. I just created three perspectives "sandbox 1", 2, 3 to use, which will help.

The reason I need new windows, instead of just re-using an existing one, is that I often create ad-hoc (non-saved) 'perspectives' (technically just ad hoc settings windows), and need to keep those open: a particular search, focus, and/or filtering. Just checking to see how others approach this need.

Bob

The option key is your friend. It toggles whether a perspective should open in a new window. So with option, perspectives that would reuse the current window will open in a new window instead. The reverse is also true.

Curt

I'd forgotten that, thanks for the reminder! That will help greatly.

Bob