The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sums? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I created a column with numerical values, but when I select Summary Type:Total, the numerical values disappear from the column, and no total appears at the bottom.

How do I get a numerical column to give me its sum at the bottom?

Summaries still work the same as they did in OO3. The summary is on the parent cell, not below.

Maybe I'm doing this wrong ... I create an outline with a numbed column, summary type = total.

If each item with a number in the numbered column is a Level Two row, then the total shows up in the Level One row on top.

But ... if I add a Level Three row (indented below any Level Two row), then the number for that Level Two row disappears from the column, and is subtracted from the total.

Is there any way to keep the numbers in the Level Two rows but have an outline with more than two levels?

When a summary type is set for a column, all parent rows become summaries. The parent row will always be a summary of its children. So only rows that do no have children can have a manually inputted value.