The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Recent .dmg files are damaged and corrupt Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since this afternoon, the .dmg files seem to be corrupted or damaged. After the download finishes the finder goes to mount the corrupted .dmg file which results in all sorts of problems.

I have to unmount the damaged .dmg file from Terminal (it doesn't show up in the sidebar), remove the shortcut to it in /Volumes, and rm -rf the file once it is in .Trash (Trash won't empty normally).

The file appears to be about 7 megs and this happens with both the auto-updater and the link from the old download page. Looks like the auto-build of the .dmg file is somehow being screwed up.

My auto-updates are hanging on the "Downloading OmniFocus..." window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muldoonj View Post
My auto-updates are hanging on the "Downloading OmniFocus..." window.
I can reproduce this problem; writing it up as a bug. Thanks, and apologies for the inconvenience. For the time being, you probably want to revert to the old-school method of updating your copy of OmniFocus...

muldoonj & mloiterman: we're aware of some issues with the new auto-update stuff and working to resolve those. If you're still hitting those in a few days, send us an email. (Edit: I thought we already knew about this bug, but I guess it doesn't quite up with the other bugs we've found so far today, so keep telling us about it.)

mloiterman: When you're downloading from the link on the download page, what sort of errors were you getting? 7 megs is about the correct size, and I haven't encountered any error messages or other difficulties downloading it. Please try again with the latest dmg and let us know if you're still having troubles.

Last edited by Lizard; 2007-08-13 at 04:31 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mloiterman View Post
The file appears to be about 7 megs and this happens with both the auto-updater and the link from the old download page. Looks like the auto-build of the .dmg file is somehow being screwed up.
I'm having trouble with the Auto-Update window, but when I downloaded build 90026 from the sneakypeek page, the finder mounted it just fine on my 10.4.10 machine. Anyone else able to repro this?

I'm not having any trouble with the .dmgs today. Many moons ago I had a problem where my Mac wouldn't properly mount any disk images. mloiterman, do other .dmg files work?

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I'm having trouble with the Auto-Update window, but when I downloaded build 90026 from the sneakypeek page, the finder mounted it just fine on my 10.4.10 machine. Anyone else able to repro this?
I'm having an occasional problem. Sometimes it doesn't work, and I have to quit everything and restart the process. Often the second time it works, but sometimes I have to try the third time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Yes, I had build 89982 and tried three times to update to build 90005, but the download hung up all three times. I went to the sneaky peek page and was able to download and update to build 90042.

As I stated on another thread, the auto-update has not worked correctly for me since it started: (1) it will only update to the next build - not the latest, and (2) it will only work on the first (or every other) update - it will not auto-update two builds in a row.

Running 10.4.10 (PowerPC) and have had no download/update problems before auto-update.

Downloaded one off the site and it seems ok now. Auto-update seems to be working too.

I'm having problems with the DMGs. I download them old-school (I've just tried 90134 and 90126) and when trying to mount the images (using Path Finder, Finder, or Disk Utility) I get the licence panel but then nothing happens. Occasionally an extra 'disk' appears in the appropriate place in Path Finder but it has no name, clicking on it to reveal its contents has no effect, and there is no eject button. The only way to eject these partially-mounted DMGs is in Disk Utility.

I've just tried restarting to see if that has any effect but no dice.

Other Disk Images mount fine (I've tested with the new iWork trial image).

Earlier on I tried using the Auto-Update; for the first time it appeared actually to download the update and then go ahead and mount it, but then I got a problem saying that it couldn't copy the file to the correct location. When I instead chose the option to 'reveal' the file, it switched to Finder but only the window I'd previously had open showed up. I had thought that this might be caused by the fact that I use a non-Administrator account on my computer (and so authenticate as Admin every time I modify the /Applications folder) but perhaps it's associated with the Disk Image problems?