The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync problem: Mac -> iPhone yes, iPhone -> Mac no Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For the past few days (that I've noticed), none of the actions, projects, and contexts I create in OF for iPhone show up on my Mac when I sync. But every change I make on the Mac shows up on the iPhone.

I recently upgraded to Snow Leopard and iPhone OS 3.1, in case that has something to do with it.

Any ideas what's going on?

This sounds like the incompatible sync databases bug we fixed in OmniFocus 1.7.3 for Mac, which you can read more about in the 1.7.3 release notes.

This fix will be coming to the iPhone in OmniFocus 1.5.3, which we submitted on Friday and which we hope will be posted soon.

In the meantime, you can clean up the corrupt database on your iPhone by removing OmniFocus altogether (unfortunately, 1.5.2 had a bug where Reset Database wouldn't work, also fixed in 1.5.3), then reinstalling it and syncing it with a clean server database. To make sure your server database is clean before you do this, use File->Replace Server Database on your Mac.

Please note that this procedure loses any changes made to the corrupt iPhone database. If you'd prefer to recover those changes instead, please contact our tech support ninjas and we'll help you get them back. They're available by email at omnifocus@omnigroup.com, and by telephone at 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152 (10am - 5pm Pacific Time).