The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keyboard shortcut for posting to del.icio.us? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello OmniWeb Folks,

I'm wondering if there is a keyboard shortcut to quickly promote the currently viewed website to my del.icio.us account?

Right know I'm using the java script bookmark (booklet?). But my bookmarks are usually hidden to have more screen for viewing on my MacBook. So it would be wonderful if someone has a solution for this problem. If not with Omniweb itself, maybe with Quicksilver.

Cheers and many thanks,

Tiggar

Items in the favorites bar automatically get the keyboard shortcuts ⌘1, ⌘2, etc., even if the favorites bar is hidden. Just drop your bookmarklet there and use the corresponding shortcut?

Hi Dave,

you're right! I didn't noticed the shortcuts in the menu. But this will do the job. I just need to reorder my bookmarks!

Many, Many Thanks,

Jan

There's another way you can do this...

1. Save the javascript bookmarklet
2. View the bookmark info
3. Set a keyword

Now when you want to save something to del.icio.us, you just do

cmd+l
*your keyword* *enter*

and it brings you to the delicious add a bookmark page with all the info filled in. Change whatever info, set tags etc, hit save, and it brings you back to the page.

My keyword is std (save to del.icio.us) :P