The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Group Shortcut Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It would be nice of there was a shortcut for grouping items, its common for this to be apple+g, is this a possible feature to add?

Shelly

I think what you are looking for is Command-Shift-G.
Command-G probably has a standard meaning other than Group, and thus it cannot be used.

Cheers

You know you can add your own shortcuts through the <system preferences : keyboard and mouse> Down the bottom, <Application Keyboard Shortcuts>?

Check it out. :-)

Mark

True, and it is great. But I do not think you can overrule the action of a standard keystroke, which Command-G is.

Incidentally, Command-G is FindNext across all apps.

Cheers

Yes sure. I was rather suggesting to OP that there's no need to wait for the developers to create a shortcut, you can hand-roll your own; though naturally you have to check out conflicts with what exists as a system shortcut.

My favourite App for this is Nisus Writer Pro, as it has its own shortcut creation system in which you can create multi-character shortcuts, as well as using the range of modifier keys. So I have it set that red text is invoked with Cmd-RR and black with Cmd-BB and so on ... brilliant..

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncisiveOne View Post
True, and it is great. But I do not think you can overrule the action of a standard keystroke, which Command-G is.
Yes, you can. Open the Keyboard & Mouse preference pane in System Preferences. Click on the Keyboard Shortcuts tab. Click the + button. Select the application for which you wish to install a shortcut, if you don't want to make it a global change. Type in the exact name of the command as it appears in the menu. Type your keyboard shortcut. Click Add and you're all set! For the proposed change, the window would look like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 13.png
Views:	705
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	985