The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Omnifocus has cost me more time that it has saved me... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I have had both applications now for about two weeks with no luck at managing to merge the iphone with my MacBook Pro once...

I have managed to sync both separately to me.com but have never managed to merge the data.

The latest (of many) error messages is the image attached....can anyone help!!:D

Thank you..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	672  

Somehow you've managed to put an old-format OmniFocus.ofocus file in Documents/OmniFocus.ofocus on your iDisk volume. The versions of OmniFocus for the iPhone and the desktop that understand syncing have a different file format than OmniFocus 1.0 for the desktop.

In the desktop program, check About OmniFocus to make sure you are running version 1.1 sneakypeek <something>. If you are not, there's your problem; quit the program, delete that version and download (and install) the right one from the OmniFocus product page (make sure you get the sneakypeek version!) Wouldn't hurt to do a Spotlight search to make sure you don't have an old 1.0 version floating around on your disk to avoid a repeat of this.

Figure out which of your two clients (phone and desktop) has the most up-to-date data.

Quit the program on the other client, and don't run it until you're done with this process. Next, rename the OmniFocus.ofocus file in the Documents folder of your iDisk to a different name, so that neither client attempts to access it. On the client that has the most up-to-date data, tell OmniFocus to do a sync again. This should work; if not, you'll need to report back with whatever errors you get. Once you get a successful sync, check on your iDisk and verify that the data file is there. Do a second sync, just to be sure. Now, you can go to the other client and start it up. Tell it to do a sync. You should get the "server or local" question after it realizes that the database on the server has changed in an unexpected way. Answer "server" to get that data copied over to your client. Then add a test project to your data and sync again. Go to the other client that had the most up-to-date data when you started, have it sync again, and verify that the test project shows up there.

Magical....I am a stupid....

Thank you very much...I have been struggling with the other version for two weeks.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I did all of the stuff below but I am still not able to sync. Getting this error all the time:

The idisk.me.com server returned "forbidden" (403) in response to a request to "PROPFIND /username/Documents/OmniFocus.ofocus". Cancel Retry.

I am about to give up as this has been more trouble for me than its worth.

Please help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Somehow you've managed to put an old-format OmniFocus.ofocus file in Documents/OmniFocus.ofocus on your iDisk volume. The versions of OmniFocus for the iPhone and the desktop that understand syncing have a different file format than OmniFocus 1.0 for the desktop.

In the desktop program, check About OmniFocus to make sure you are running version 1.1 sneakypeek <something>. If you are not, there's your problem; quit the program, delete that version and download (and install) the right one from the OmniFocus product page (make sure you get the sneakypeek version!) Wouldn't hurt to do a Spotlight search to make sure you don't have an old 1.0 version floating around on your disk to avoid a repeat of this.

Figure out which of your two clients (phone and desktop) has the most up-to-date data.

Quit the program on the other client, and don't run it until you're done with this process. Next, rename the OmniFocus.ofocus file in the Documents folder of your iDisk to a different name, so that neither client attempts to access it. On the client that has the most up-to-date data, tell OmniFocus to do a sync again. This should work; if not, you'll need to report back with whatever errors you get. Once you get a successful sync, check on your iDisk and verify that the data file is there. Do a second sync, just to be sure. Now, you can go to the other client and start it up. Tell it to do a sync. You should get the "server or local" question after it realizes that the database on the server has changed in an unexpected way. Answer "server" to get that data copied over to your client. Then add a test project to your data and sync again. Go to the other client that had the most up-to-date data when you started, have it sync again, and verify that the test project shows up there.

I'm getting the same problem :-(

Have you tried the suggestions made in the troubleshooting guide for the 403 error? If all those have failed, you should definitely email urgent@omnigroup.com for help.

yes, I have tried everything and it still coming up with error 403. Help me please!!!