The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Actions disappear from iPhone when syncing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
To minimize the problems, I'm down to just syncing my desktop and iPhone at the moment. I'll bring the laptop back into the mix once it's all working nicely again.

I got the sync running great on a local webdav server. It works perfectly all day, and the desktop remains on overnight. When I then come to sync my iPhone in the morning, it wipes all of the actions from my iPhone!

If I then try to sync again, they never reappear. The only thing I can do is wipe the database from the iPhone, sync the desktop overwriting the server, and then use the server copy to update the iPhone. It works, but it's becoming a bit of a pain to do every day.

Is there anything I can do to avoid it?

Is this just the inbox? Offhand, it sounds like either the phone or the desktop is auto-filing stuff in the inbox (default is to not auto-file on the desktop, and to auto-file on the phone if either project or context is set, but those settings can be changed).

Hi Andrew

No, every single task from every project and context was disappearing. It was like I'd reset the database.

For the moment, I've gone back to a single desktop + iPhone, syncing to a MobileMe account, and so far so good.

I did try the coalesce script somewhere along the line. I'm pretty sure I tried it before I gave up, but maybe that was what solved it.

I'll try it again in the next couple of days once I've caught up with a backlog of work, and see whether I can still reproduce the problem.