The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Paste and Match Style not working in an Action's notes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have this problem as well, and it enoys me as h*ll.

Ie, I want to copy something, and "Paste it and match style" in the notes field. Instead, it closes the note, without anything being pasted.

Has been so at least for a year. Works in every other app I use.

Gaah...... :-/

Yeah its still doing it for me, with Word 2008 and OF 1.8.1.

The only workaround for me is:
1. Paste styled text from Word into the note
2. Select all and cut the text
3. Close the note and then open it again
4. "Paste and Match Style" (now works)

paste-and-match-style broken for me too:

copied text from word 2008 (12.2.0 090605)

paste into notes field of omnifocus action closes notes field

cut and paste-and-match-style again works fine (didn't need to close anything, just select, cut, paste)

OF version details:

Product: OmniFocus-1.x
Tag: OmniFocus/1.8.1/GM-v77.66
Date: 2010-09-28 13:27:51 -0700
Builder: kc
Host: tb106i.private.omnigroup.com
Revision: 138877

just tried an html formatted apple mail message with the same results, then safari too. appears to be a general issue with html or rich-formatted text?

the cut and re-paste workaround works for these too of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jguice View Post
paste-and-match-style broken for me too:

cut and paste-and-match-style again works fine (didn't need to close anything, just select, cut, paste)
Yeah I think the reason I was closing the note and opening it again was to reset the style back to default.

haha, yeah, I just noticed that after I posted.

If you don't close the notes field first *some* of the style of the original text is preserved. For me, the color from the original text was preserved (bug), but the italics and font size of the notes field style was applied.

After closing the notes field and re-opening, paste-and-match-style (correctly) preserved only the actual text from the pasted data.

Does OMNI read the forums and extract bug reports, or is that up to us to separately file an issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jguice View Post
Does OMNI read the forums and extract bug reports, or is that up to us to separately file an issue?
If you want them to do something, you need to contact them directly. Use Help->Send Feedback in the app to automatically provide details about which version you are using, etc.

I'll post the outcome here ;)

Thanks!

Support Says:

"Sorry for the trouble! This is a known regression in OmniFocus. I've added your comments to the bug report."

So, we wait for it to make it into a release I guess.

Bumpy bump. Running 1.8.2, having this issue as well. Specifically, I paste a lot from Mail.app and when I go to Paste+MatchStyle, it just collapses the Note area without pasting anything.

A straight Paste will paste the *formatted* contents - however, the killer is that when the text is synced to iOS clients, nothing is shown in the Notes at all.