The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How can I apply a style to a selection? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to apply a style in OO Pro to a selection within a row, i.e. not the entire row, just a few words.

I select the text, then press F1 for the style. Nothing happens.

I drag the style chit onto the selected text. Nothing happens.

With the text selected, I show styles view, then press F1 for the style. The style is applied to the entire row except for the selection.

Without selecting the text, I show styles view. As soon as I click to make a selection, styles view turns off.

Is there any way to just apply a style to selected text, not an entire row? I don't want to go mousing around the inspectors every time I want to highlight a word. Please tell me there's a better option.

Ok - this seems to be an issue with function keys being globally remapped on the machine, not an OOP issue. Sorry for any confusion :)

There is a pref for OO to use Control + number instead of the Function keys, but that will interfere with Spaces shortcuts if you're using them and 10.5 :/

This option is under OmniOutliner menu -> Preferences -> Keyboard tab -> 'Apple named styles with:' at the bottom

I think this question demonstrates the potential value of TAO's implementation of styles (one I would love to see reproduced in OO 4.0)-essentially a pop-up list allowing multiple selections/applications of named styles. This implementation makes it very easy to both see and set a row's styles.