The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Past Due Tasks and Due Status? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I don't use due dates a lot and I suppose I need to credit OmniFocus for keeping me on top of my tasks so that they don't go past due. However, I now have a task, due yesterday, that is past due. The challenge is that the task no longer shows in my 'Due' or Flagged' status perspective. I don't even see a way to create a view that shows past due tasks, other than the built-in option on the iPhone. I thought that past due tasks once appeared along with the other 'Due Soon' tasks-did this behavior change or has it always worked this way and I just don't remember it?

Over-due tasks have always had their own category (as far as I recall ; )
The only way to create any custom views on the iphone is to create a perspective on the desktop [must be context based view ] and then enable the " experimental " perspectives feature in the iphone OF settings.

Last edited by ext555; 2010-05-13 at 09:16 AM..

I have perspectives enabled on the iPhone-that's not the problem. The problem is that it is not possible to create a perspective for overdue items, at least not in SP 1.8 v132128. Overdue items do not appear in a 'Due or Flagged' perspective, and if my memory is correct they once were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
Overdue items do not appear in a 'Due or Flagged' perspective, and if my memory is correct they once were.
Both "Due Soon" and "Overdue" actions are showing up in my "Due or Flagged" perspective in OmniFocus 1.8 sneaky peek (77.48.0.132128). Here are my view bar settings (sorry about the rather unhelpful thumbnail -- you'll have to click it to get a better look):

Click image for larger version

Name:	View Bar Settings.png
Views:	501
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	1373

-Dennis

Greg, I'm also seeing them, and it'd be quite a change in my usual display if they stopped! :-) Creating a new perspective using the Due or Flagged setting and syncing it to my iPad gets me a comparable display there. Have you tried rebuilding your database?

Thanks for the suggestions. Bill, I followed your advice and rebuilt the database and everything is working correctly again.