The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iPhone web app question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OK, I realize the iPhone web app is not 'supported' per se, due to its removal in 1.0 of OF.

However, I'm using it successfully (and I love it) and just have an easy question for those who may be using it...how do I prevent Actions from showing up in a context if they have no due date? Meaning, these are things that don't have to be done right away, and I'd rather have them show up in the web app once I assign a due date to them (these are tasks that would never be assigned to a project, like "take out the trash" and are currently in a Single-Action List.

Any way of doing this? I have a lot of tasks to import, but don't want each context cluttered with a bunch of tasks that don't need to be done just yet. I'd rather assign them a due date during weekly review, THEN have 'em show up.

Oh, and I don't want all these tasks sitting in the inbox, either, as that can mask what I have to assign a due date/context to if the list is not short. I like to keep the inbox clean.

Any help is appreciated.

Great work, Omni. Love the app (and the webapp interface even though you dropped it :)

Regards,
Marc

I don't think the web app has any mechanism for only viewing items with due dates assigned.

You could place all those items in an on-hold project and move them out as you figure out when you want them to be done, or you could assign a future start date on tasks so they won't become available until that date. (You can set the start date on multiple tasks at once by selecting them all, then pulling up the Inspector and using it to assign a Start Date to all of them.)

Hope this helps!

Ken, thanks very much. I did end up assigning anything 'without' a due date to 1/1/11 (easy to type!); I realize you guys will be (hopefully) making an iPhone app with the SDK, but I really like the fact that with the web app, when I check off something, the next item pops right into place and I don't have to wait to get home to sync. Once the apps done, I'll have the best of both worlds!

Thanks again; awesome job.

-Marc

...and please don't drop the web app code from a future release. :)