The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BIG feature request: Change the whole structure of projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
The Folders/Projects/Groups structure is plain confusing. We should instead just have items which act as projects if they contain other items, and act as actions if they don't contain anything else. Actions can exist at the top level, they don't need to have containers.

Users should be able to nest these action/projects to an unlimited number of levels.

Eliminate parallel projects. They're just confusing. I know what the theoretical difference is between parallel projects and the other kinds of projects. I just don't see parallel projects as useful. To the contrary, I see their existence as harmful.

Single-action lists do essentially the same thing. The default for new projects should be configurable in preferences as either sequential or single-action lists.

I plan to write this up as a feature request and submit it to the appropriate email address; I'd just like to hear from the community about it before I do, to see if I overlooked anything.