The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can't login to MobileMe Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks to this thread I was able to login without issue (having suffered the initial problem like everyone else above) by:

1. Visiting www.apple.com and setting the site preferences to allow acceptance of cookies and from sites outside the current one.

2. Going to me.com and deleting the following 4 cookies:

auth.apple.com (something like that)

The three cookies with me.com in their title (the only ones in my listing with a red cross by them).

I didn't need to delete any others.

3. Reloaded me.com and was able to log in without any issue.

Surprisingly, it is also now very fast to load (with the exception of Calendar... which is still faster than it was, but not fast), which is in stark contrast to the past day or so.

Quote:
Surprisingly, it is also now very fast to load (with the exception of Calendar... which is still faster than it was, but not fast), which is in stark contrast to the past day or so.
Yes I think they were just getting slammed on Friday.

The cookies bit works and seems to be the only thing required, but I can't get OmniWeb to load a PW from the keychain if I manually create an entry (I guess the add PW bug is still in the latest SP?).

Last edited by technomage; 2008-07-14 at 07:51 AM..

The thing is that I made it work (for the main page with the calendar, contacts, etc.) no problem after the "unauthorized" problem.

However, when I go to the "Account" button to change account preferences, it prompts you to log in, and does the same "unauthorized" thing again. I tried to change the properties of the page the same as before in OW, but that didn't solve the problem.

...J

The culprit is Apple, not OmniWeb.

My impression is that Apple intends to exclude the other WebKit based browser.

But OmniWeb is able to show the me.com pages correctly!! There is no technical reason to send the "unsupported browser" error message to OmniWeb users and to place cookies that aim to kick out other browsers.

We all should send requests for allowing OW to display the me.com pages at http://www.apple.com/support/mobileme/contact.html

I have problem with MobileMe and Safari, not OW ... Safari won't keep my login ... OW seems to. There seems to me to be a whole mess going on there.

Mark

The cookie trick worked for me. I went to Apple.com and clicked on the cookie icon in the Status Bar. Lo and behold there were three rejected cookies from me.com and/or mac.com. I deleted just those cookies, set the site preferences to accept cookies from other sites and told Apple.com that OW is actually Safari 3.1.2. I opened a new tab and was able to log into me.com. Me.com still thinks I'm using OW. The Accounts pane also works for me with this set-up.

Last edited by darcy1b; 2008-08-22 at 02:22 PM..