The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Uh... 1.1 missing? Vapoware? Others seem to not have an issue with updates... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a have issh for about 2 months now. I receive updates to it nearly one a week. I sent an email off to the folks at Zinger-Soft about the updates, noting the frequency, and thanked them for the bug fixes. I also asked about how long it took from submission until the application being available and I was told the initial submission took nearly 4-5 weeks. But updates 3-4 days at most.

The other application I get frequent updates to is TouchType (Bigger keyboard for Email). A widescreen keyboard by Michael Schneider. He advised similar turn-around. His app is relatively new and has had 2-3 updates in one week.
His application is just a small time dollar application. issh is a bit more expensive at $4.99.

The point is that other updates seem to be making it through the system. Perhaps hounding Apple won't help if they don't have the submission, lost it, etc? :confused:

Last edited by defilmj; 2008-10-27 at 08:39 PM..

I don't know but according to their twiter feed , today makes 2 weeks ago it was submitted .. if possible .. I think it's High Time that Omni checked in with Apple [unless it's a don't call us we'll call you deal with apple ]

I asked Apple Customer Service about 1.1 on 10-27. The gist of the answer is:

"I apologize but customer service is not given dates for releases other than what is posted on the iTunes Store. The issue you describe takes a couple weeks because our engineering team has to validate the update on each and every application before posting to the Store."

This is about what I expected from a public question. Maybe the engineers responsible for approving the app will get a ping from customer service but I doubt it.

can omni group at least give us the release note of what is new or what has been fixed in the update?

This is the text from the omnifocus iphone twitter feed .. newest first

(Will update again when v1.1 is actually available for download!) 10:47 AM Oct 20th from web

OmniFocus v1.1 for iPhone was submitted last Tuesday. (Cue Schoolhouse Rock song, Bill on Capitol Hill: http://bit.ly/bill-capitol-... 10:45 AM Oct 20th from web

v1.1 highlights: Further improved stability, performance, memory usage, and interface polish. (In particular, faster syncing.) 10:30 AM Oct 20th from web

v1.1 highlights: OmniFocus is now available in Japanese. (Look for several more languages soon.) 10:29 AM Oct 20th from web

v1.1 highlights: The Due Soon, Overdue, and Flagged lists now include inbox items. 10:29 AM Oct 20th from web

v1.1 highlights: Improved the interface for selecting start and due dates. 10:28 AM Oct 20th from web

v1.1 highlights: When you open OmniFocus, the New Inbox Item button is available immediately. (No more waiting for the database to load!) 10:28 AM Oct 20th from web

v1.1 highlights: The new Bonjour sync method supports syncing directly with a Mac over a local Wi-Fi network. 10:27 AM Oct 20th from web

thanks for the information always good to know what has been fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSparhawk View Post
I asked Apple Customer Service about 1.1 on 10-27. The gist of the answer is:

"I apologize but customer service is not given dates for releases other than what is posted on the iTunes Store. The issue you describe takes a couple weeks because our engineering team has to validate the update on each and every application before posting to the Store."

This is about what I expected from a public question. Maybe the engineers responsible for approving the app will get a ping from customer service but I doubt it.
Yea, I suspect they are doing very INTENSE Q/A to protect us consumers
because all of the software Apple puts out does not have any bugs and it
never crashes...:p