The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

canīt assign a project to an action in "context mode" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey guys and girls.

This is my situation:
I have a folder that contains a context and I set a perspective

context -> due -> due soon

When I add an action to that context it doesnīt let me select a project (far right). It lists all the projects available but when I click it it doesnīt get selected and returns to a "No project" selection.

Love the program. Good job.

Levy.

Last edited by levy; 2008-01-06 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: typo

Hi Levy,

The project is selected, but it is not shown unless you do a "Clean Up". I'm not sure if this can be considered as a bug, probably the behavior has been chosen is to avoid actions disappearing immediately if you select a project out of the current focus.

This has to be considered a bug - cmon.

I sent feedback on this a couple days ago

If it is an issue with it disappearing unexpectedly, fine - keep it in view until clean up is chosen.

But if it allows you to type and quick match a project from the list, it should not then just revert back to saying "no project"

This is 100% bug in this case

-P

Taglia:
I agree with you that it should disappear immediately if you choose a project outside of the focus but like ptone says it doesnīt give me the options to even choose a project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levy View Post
Taglia:
I agree with you that it should disappear immediately if you choose a project outside of the focus but like ptone says it doesnīt give me the options to even choose a project.
Yeah, I've seen this too. I'm not familiar with GTD so perhaps I'm not using OF "correctly" ie. in the GTD way, but I still expect reasonably orthogonal/consistent UI behavior. Meaning that OF should either support adding a action while in Context view and assigning the various fields of that action or it should switch to the Inbox view immediately I guess. The current behavior seems buggy to me.

I sent feedback about this a while ago and Omni's response suggests they are treating it as a bug. [OG #249650]