The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Initial thoughts (some suggestions/questions) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ok. Blown away. I've used at least 5 different GTD systems. This one really....flows. The ability to have multiple views open and see 'your stuff'....and narrow down to the moment is amazing.

Multiple windows:
I'm dying for a 'cascade' function (see microsoft products) and a "tile" function (based on how many windows I have open and my screen size.)

I'm dying for the title bar to reflect my current "filtered/view" state. I'll have often two or three OF windows up; otherwise I close them all to figure out what hte windows are.

Yeah, like everyone else - I have to be able to name perspectives and soon. Omni, if you looking for a 'model' of how to control arrangements, take a look at the way DVDSP or Motion handles this (it's attached.)

I needs some insight on how reviews are done. I want a 'button' that says 'weekly' and just see all my weekly items for review. Ditto for daily and monthly. Right now, I don't 'get' the review process in OF at all (There's a mark review button?)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	motion_layout_for_of.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	261  

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmgeek
I'm dying for a 'cascade' function (see microsoft products) and a "tile" function (based on how many windows I have open and my screen size.)
For the tiling, maybe Applescript could help. There might be relevant info in this thread at macosxhints (including the comments).

I'm actually using the split window from curt clifton (by the way, clif, GREAT scripts).

But, figuring out 'cascade'?

Yeah, after studying the script I was able to get 'someting' to happen. And I even found a different script that hits the ball much closer (from MacOSX hints), but it was in backwards orde.r I know this requires (basically) a descending series of coordinates for the upper left position of the window.