The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Resize Box to Text but Keep Proportion Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is something that I do all the time: I drop a box on, type some text into it, then resize it. Usually I'm resizing it to make it wider, but I also usually want to keep the same approximate proportions.

I found Size / Make Natural Size, which seems to resize vertically, but are there any other auto resize options or any way to do this?

Thanks

One work-around I use when wanting to resize objects is make a master object out of it (Edit > Copy As > PDF). Then paste it, it will then be resizable proportionally, to edit however, you'll need to double click it which will open the original in a separate doc (like stencils)

Master objects is super cool, learn that tool and OG can go toe-to-toe with visio and InDesign.

At least in v5 the content in the new document is still the original size. It's just the PDF that is resized.

IMHO I think the action of "Copy As PDF" though accurate, isn't the best label for this function. I think it should say "Make Master Object" with the default as a PDF.